Work for Bricks and Minifigs
Bricks and Minifigs Huntsville will be hiring several Store Associates for part time work, probably starting in November 2022 near the time of our opening. If you have interest, please consider the following job description to see if you would be a good fit!
Store Associate Job Description
Bricks & Minifigs is first and foremost a fun place for people of all ages to enjoy and explore their passion for LEGO. We facilitate this by providing excellent customer service and expert LEGO knowledge for all ages and abilities.
Each Bricks & Minifigs location is locally owned, and part of a nationwide franchise, headquartered in Orem, UT. We are a buy, sell trade store that encourages customers to reuse, rebuild and reimagine with LEGO elements.
Store Associate High Level Responsibility
- Create an atmosphere that balances a casual/friendly feel with professionalism.
- Help customers, aged child to adult, learn their way around the store and develop an understanding of how the Bricks & Minifigs experience is unique.
- Make sure the environment is safe and welcoming.
The practicalities of what most of your day will entail:
- Building and repairing used sets;
- Sorting and cleaning bulk LEGO;
- Organizing and stocking minifigures and sets (new and used);
- Greeting customers when they enter the store;
- Helping customers at checkout;
- Cleaning restrooms;
- Facilitating party events;
- Scheduling events;
- And lots of standing with quite a bit of lifting heavy containers upwards of 50 pounds.
The Creative Stuff
- Developing workshop, camp and party ideas
- Developing custom minifigures for sale
- Coming up with contest ideas
- Decorating with LEGO for holidays
- Creating fliers
- Learning to buy pre-owned LEGO
- A background in customer service whether retail, camp counselor, etc. A demonstration that you know how to work and relate well with people
- Knowledge of the LEGO ecosystem from past to present (desired)
- Intermediate LEGO building skills
- A strong desire to learn what needs to be done to successfully operate a small local business
- An ability to work on weekends and in accordance with posted store hours
Compensation and shifts
- This position starts around 20-30 hours per week with wages generally starting from $10.00 - $15.00/hr. for part time and 40 hours/ $12-$17 for full time.
- The shifts run through all the days open (including weekends and specified Holidays.)
If you would like to apply to work for Bricks and Minifigs Huntsville, complete the application form and email it to us at Huntsville@bricksandminifigs.com.
Application in PDF format for printing
Application in WORD Format