Bricks and Minifigs Huntsville
Racing Nights are finally here! We'll be having two racing nights every other week. Wednesday nights are for AFOLs (Adult Fans of LEGO®) and Friday Nights are for the younger crowd. Ages 16 and up for AFOL night and Ages 15 and under for Youth racing nights.
Our track is equipped with electronic scoring that will time each car so we can easily determine a winner of every run. (We have resolved the technical issues we had the first night.) We'll record the scores and work through a bracket to determine a nightly winner.
Car kits can be purchased at the store anytime before the event. Build your car according to the requirements and bring it with you on race night.
Race Kits include:
- Two weighted wheel sets that fit into LEGO® plates
- A 16x6 Baseplate on which to build the car
- A Seat, Steering wheel, and interface plates for the wheels.
- A Small Tub of bulk so you can customize your car just like you like it. ($8.00 value.)
- The price for the kit will be $19.99 and will include eligibility to race in future race nights. Registration will be available at the races. If you don't need the bulk, the kits are available for $12.99.
How to play:
- Stop by the store to purchase your official metal wheel and axle kit for $19.99 (or $12.99) - yours to keep forever!
- Take the kit home and build your car using any combination of LEGO bricks (see specifications below)
- Pre-register your car each week you plan to race: REGISTRATION PAGE
- Return with your car - ready to race! ( racing starts at 5:30pm )
- Maximum car dimensions are 9 inches long, 3 inches wide, and 4 inches high.
- Maximum car weight is 9.5 ounces. The goal of this limit is to encourage builders to focus on real derby physics, rather than trying to maximize weight. Plus, heavier cars put a lot of stress on the track. If you are unsure how much your car weighs, you are welcome to bring it into the shop before race day and we can weight it for you.
- All parts of the car must fit behind the starting pin before the race. The starting pin is only about 2 LEGO bricks high, so be sure the front of your car is lower than that to ensure it does not extend over the starting pin.
- Bricks & Minifigs staff may inspect your car to ensure compliance. We want to make sure your car won’t damage the track or other cars.
- Racers may not modify cars between races, but you can repair your car if it becomes damaged during the race.
Other important rules:
- Each participant who races (adult or child) must have their own car
- Participants must have designed their own car
- Participants in the child category must be 5-15 years old
- Participants in the adult category must be 16+ years old
- Spectators are welcome to view but may not race or win